I received this from my sister-in-law and thought it was worth passing on, especially since it concerns a fire danger. Apparently, this story was received from someone in the home insurance business. It is worth reading.
The original message was apparently written by a lady whose brother and his wife learned a hard lesson. Their house burned down ... nothing left but ashes. They have good insurance so the home will be replaced and most of the contents. That is the good news.
However, they were sick when they found out the cause of the fire.
The Insurance investigator sifted through the ashes for several hours. He had the cause of the ! fire traced to the master bathroom. He asked her sister-in-law what she had plugged in in the bathroom. She listed the normal things....curling iron, blow dryer. He kept saying to her, "No, this would be something that would disintegrate at high temperatures". Then her sister-in-law remembered she had a Glade Plug-In
in the bathroom.
The investigator had one of those "Aha" looks on his face. He said that was the cause of the fire. He said he has seen more home fires started with the plug-in type room fresheners than anything else. He said the plastic they are made from is a THIN
plastic. He also said that in every case there was nothing left to prove that it even existed.
When the investigator looked in the wall plug, the two prongs left from the plug-in were still in there. Her sister-in-law had one of the plug-ins that had a small night light built in it. She said she had noticed that the light would dim and then finally go out. She would walk in to the bathroom a few hours later, and the light would be back on again. The investigator said that the unit was getting too hot, and would dim and go out rather than just blow the light bulb. Once it cooled down it would come on. That is a warning sign.
The investigator said he personally wouldn't have any type of plug in fragrance device anywhere in his house. He has seen too many homes that have! been burnt down due to them.
PLEASE PASS THIS ON. NOT ONLY COULD IT SAVE SOMEONE'S HOME, BUT IT COULD SAVE SOMEONE'S LIFE
This is also interesting:
Claim: Glade PlugIns brand air fresheners pose a greater-than-usual fire hazard.